Strengthen your teeth with Inlays and Onlays at DS Dental
You can treat your badly damaged tooth with effective dental restoration when normal fillings can not treat the problem. At DS Dental, we provide you with inlays and onlays that allow you to maintain your dental health.
What are inlays and onlays?
Inlays and onlays are dental restorations performed by our dentists to treat an infection on the biting surface of your tooth. These are effective procedures to restore normal strength and function to the decayed tooth. After treatment, you will be able to effortlessly eat and drink your favourite foods anytime you want.
Inlays repair the damage affecting the biting surface of a tooth, while onlays are effective in treating the biting surfaces of more than one tooth. These restorations are normally suggested when fillings are not enough and your tooth surface is not strong enough to support crowns. Inlays and onlays are a safe way to treat damaged teeth and prevent infection from spreading to surrounding teeth.
Come to us at DS Dental and get your damaged tooth treated with inlays and onlays.
How our experts perform the treatment.
When you come to our clinic for treatment, our dentist will:
- Apply local anaesthesia numbing the area to be treated
- Clean the tooth by removing any existing filling, decay or damaged tooth structure
- Take an impression of your teeth
- The impression will be sent to a dental technician who will make your customised inlay or onlay
- A temporary filling will be applied to the affected tooth for protection while you wait for the inlay or onlay to be delivered
- The inlay or onlay will be placed on the prepared teeth when you visit next, and any necessary small adjustments made.
What are its benefits?
- Compared to fillings inlays and onlays are strong and give long-lasting results
- Your dentist will carefully select an appropriate match for your tooth shade
- They are ideal for repair to the chewing surfaces of your back teeth and are also for larger repairs to front teeth