Invisalign in London
The best Option for Straighter Teeth and Confidence
If you have crowded, unevenly spaced or teeth that have shifted since you last wore braces, then Invisalign treatment can help restore a beautiful smile with straightened teeth. Whether you live in London or surrounding areas, visit DS Dental as your one-stop solution to correct dental complications. Our Invisalign dentists will boost your confidence level and overall appearance with corrected tooth placement.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is a customised aligner that is changed roughly in every two weeks over a time span of six to eighteen months or more based on the severity of the misalignment. Similar to a retainer, Invisalign® is used for orthodontic treatment to shift and align teeth properly for an attractive smile. These clear aligners are usually computer generated from an impression of the patient’s teeth that is taken by a dentist.
The Benefits of Invisalign
- Almost invisible: These aligners are clear and virtually invisible inside the mouth. So, it is almost impossible for others to detect you are wearing the braces.
- Easy to wear: Invisalign trays are made carefully from smooth and flexible plastic. Like wires and metal brackets, these trays provide extreme comfort for the lips, cheeks and gums.
- Deliver quick results: The Invisalign procedure delivers faster results when compared to conventional teeth-straightening methods. The braces may require 12 to 18 months to provide the best possible results, however, the treatment show results in weeks in less complicated cases.
- Easily removable: The braces can easily be incorporated into your lifestyle. You can remove the aligners easily to enjoy your favorite foods and drinks throughout the treatment period.
Different kinds of Invisalign
- Invisalign® Full – This is the most common treatment used for more complicated cases and includes the use of a series of different aligners during the treatment phase. Most dental practices prefer and will suggest this specific kind of Invisalign treatment as it can treat more complicated cases. Unlimited staged aligners are included in this particular option which makes it the best value for you.
- Invisalign® Express (Invisalign® i7) - Invisalign Express uses only seven aligners to straighten up mild spacing issues or crowding, getting results within a few months.
- Invisalign® Lite - Invisalign Lite works in the same way as Invisalign though it uses fewer aligners which makes it a great choice for treating simple cases.
- Invisalign® Teen - Invisalign Teen has unique features like wearing indicators to help young patients maintain a track of their overall progress.
How Invisalign works
You need to wear each aligner for at least two weeks before you progress to the next one in the series. This will gradually shift your teeth into proper alignment. We will evaluate progress through the treatment to see that everything is progressing in the right way.
Aligners need to be worn for 20 to 22 hours a day to get the best results. However, you can remove them when eating, drinking, brushing and flossing. Invisalign is considered to be a safe and an effective way of teeth straightening.
Step by step - the Invisalign procedure
- The experience begins with a complementary consultation session with the Invisalign providers at our clinic in London.
- After they listen to you carefully, your provider will design a personalised plan and a computerised model of the treatment and the results anticipated.
- Once it gets approved, a session will be arranged for made-to-measure aligners to be made. Your specifications and photographs with teeth impressions will then be sent to the laboratory.
- Using your dental impressions in the form of template, your customised braces will be prepared.
- These braces have been designed with accuracy for maximum effectiveness.
- The braces will be fitted at the clinic, and your journey to straighter teeth is underway.
- You will need to wear each of these aligners for two weeks continuously until the teeth move to their desired position.
- The treatment time is usually 6 to 18 months but may be more or less based on the complexity of tooth misalignment.
- Your check-up sessions should be made at 4 to 6 weeks intervals to assess your progress and make any corrections required.
Fix your dental problems with Invisalign
Invisalign can be used for treating mild to complicated teeth straightening problems.
- Open bite - Open bite may be the reason for painful chewing and speech impairment. It can cause further problems like temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJD).
- Crossbite - Crossbite can lead one or more upper teeth to bite on the inside of your lower teeth possibly causing wearing down of the teeth, bone loss and gum disease.
- Deep bite - Deep bite may cause irritation or gum problems and wear on the lower teeth. This may be the reason for joint problems and painful jaw.
- Underbite – Underbite may prevent normal functioning of the front teeth that can be another reason for the wearing down of teeth. It can also be the reason for painful jaw and joint problems.
- Gapped teeth – If there are gaps and too much space between the teeth, may be the reason for gum problems, periodontal pockets and increased risks of periodontal disease.
- Overly crowded – Overly crowded teeth may become worse over time and lead to severely crooked teeth. This crowding can cause a build up of plaque, increased chances of gum disease and tooth decay.
How Invisalign differs from traditional braces
Just like conventional braces, Invisalign® is a convenient method for teeth straightening but requires patients to make some changes in their lifestyle that will enable them to adjust with this kind of orthodontic treatment. For example patients can remove aligners for brushing, flossing, eating, or drinking which is a significant benefit over braces that complicate oral care and are prone to damage when eating hard or chewy foods. Since the Invisalign trays are almost invisible, patients use aligners to straighten their teeth without feeling embarrassed about metal brackets and wires. These plastic aligners are also gentle on the cheeks and gums, unlike braces that can have sharp edges that may scrape or cut inside of your mouth.
Cost for invisible braces
The cost for invisible braces has been compared to that of traditional braces. We suggest you to fix an appointment with our Invisalign provider who can fully determine what the exact cost of your treatment is likely to be. Sometimes, we also have special offers and discounts for our patients. Visit our clinic and see what we can do for you.
Invisalign Special Offer at Our DS Dental in London
Get in touch with our Invisalign London accredited dentists to correct your misaligned or gapped teeth and get up-to £1000 discount on all our Invisalign treatment.
Best Pricing & Quality Guaranteed *
- Invisalign i7 (up to 3 months) £3000 (£28.23pm or £1485)
- Invisalign Lite (up to 6 months) £3250 (£35.89pm or £1900)
- Invisalign Full (up to 18 months +) £4000 (£55.73pm or £2950)
FAQs on Invisalign
Each orthodontic patient is unique so it is always best to consult with a dentist who can tell you if Invisalign® treatment is right option for you. In general, these aligners are used to correct common dental problems such as:
- Gapped teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Bite problems such as – overbite, cross bite, open bite or under bite
Invisalign aligners are made out of a durable material known as transparent polycrystalline alumina (TPA designed originally by NASA. TPA offers a comfortable and safe way of teeth straightening.
You might have a slight lisp initially though this will go completely after a few days when you get used to wearing the aligners.
Invisalign attachments are actually tooth-coloured ridges that we stick to the teeth so that they will shift properly.
Contact your provider so that we can offer you a replacement. Meanwhile, wear your previous aligners until you can see a dentist.
Yes, you will be provided with a fixed or removable retainer so that you can keep your teeth in their new position after the treatment.